WITH THE HELP OF OUR TEAM WE ARE AT 740 ACTS!
Our belief at Stand Up Speak Up is that everyone has the chance to make a positive difference in the world. While many of our designs represent complex world problems that we know will take time to solve, small acts of kindness and love are something that we can each commit to doing to help make this world a happier and safer place to live.
In 2017, Stand Up Speak Up Fashion in collaboration with our sister site, Stand Up Speak Up Blog, have committed to accomplishing 3000 Acts of Kindness by 2020. As always, we are doing this through finding new and creative ways to spread awareness and start conversations about topics that we believe need to be brought into the forefront:
More than just as a company, we also are committed to giving back as individuals. Members of our team are volunteering and giving back throughout their own communities.
- Donated 10 Tim Hortons gift cards to street youth in Toronto.
- Donated 3 tee shirts to street youth in Toronto
- We donated 1 book of ambitious loss to the London community.
- We donated 1 book of ambitious loss to My Sisters’ Place.
- We donated 3 books of ambitious loss to family.
- To the RLWYC hospital gala we donated 5 blankets, 3 Canadian designed recycle bags, 2 Melissa Jean sleeping pillow covers, 1 Melissa Jean designed velvet throw pillow.
- To the Lake of the Woods District Hospital Foundation Gala we donated 5 recycle bags, 5 coaster sets, 1 blanket, 3 pillow cases and 1 shower curtain.
- We donated 4 shower curtains to the RLWYC 2016 Auction.
- We donated 5 WT Hoodies and 5 WT Yoga Leggings to street youth in London.
- We donated phone cards to 2 street youth so they have airtime.
- We donated $50.00 to My Sisters’ Place, a program of CMHA Middlesex, located in London, Ontario.
- We donated money to the https://www.gofundme.com/help-us-fix-foster-care.
- We are co-funding 2 billboards to help Find Shelley Desrochers who went missing back in January 2016 from London, Ontario, Canada.
- We donated 10 WT items to kids at the Ontario Youth Detention Centre to gift to their families.
- We have given away 5 aprons to the Rainbow Guide Apron GIVE AWAY
- We donated 5 of our LGBTQI Aprons to help spread awareness.
- We launched our Rainbow Guide Apron GIVE AWAY where we give an apron to anyone who works in a restaurant, bar, and cafe and will proudly wear it.
- We have given away 15 T-Shirts to the SpeakUp For A T-Shirt Program.
- Launched the our SpeakUp For A T-Shirt Program, where we donate tee shirts to people who actively speak up about important issues.
- We donated $150 to My Sisters’ Place, a program of CMHA Middlesex, located in London, Ontario.
- We donated $100 to the CancerCare Manitoba Foundation.
- We donated 1 of our Bite me Kimono, 1 beanie, 1 Scars Healed Through Art throw pillow, 1 Bite Me throw pillow to the No Longer The Face Foundation.
- We donated 2 shower curtains to the 2016 Ladies Luncheon.
- We donate t-shirts to every one of our Podcast guests.
- We have given over 50 $5 dollar Tim Horton gift cards to homeless people in and around Toronto, Oakville and Hamilton.
- We donated 10 items of clothing to the PTSD fashion show.
- We participated in 2 yoga challenges.
- We donated 4 Yoga leggings and 4 Active Tee shirts to the yoga challenge.
- Every year we donate Scarfs and Gift Cards to the St John's Ambulance volunteer appreciation.
- WT Founder Karla Stephens-Tolstoy volunteered 73 times at St John's Ambulance.
- 100 winter scarves were placed around the Toronto, Hamilton and Niagara area for anyone who needed one to take.
30 Christmas bags were donated to the 360Kids house containing a Hoodie, T- Shirt, Winter Scarf and a Reusable Bag from our store.
30 bags of toiletries including a pair of socks, a lottery ticket and some chocolate were donated to the 360Kids.
- We donated some 2 Hoodies, 2 T-Shirts, 4 Winter scarfs and 2 Reusable bags to the Polo for Heart.
- We donated T-Shirts to all our amazing Champions of Advocacy.
- SAVIS We donated 6 positivity pillows for their waiting rooms.
- We donated 6 items from our clothing line for the SAVIS staff who work so hard and give so much of themselves.
- A 12 pillow cases to Ontario Youth Detention Centre
- We donated 9 books and pencils for the kids at the Ontario Youth Detention Centre.
- We donated to the 2015 Lake of the Woods District Hospital Foundation Gala 1 shower curtain, 1 area rug and 2 pillow cases.
- We donated an area rug, Pillow Cases and a King size microsuade duvet cover to the RLWYC 2015 Fundraiser.
- To the 2015 Ladies Luncheon we donated one microsuede blanket and 2 pillow cases from LakeLife.
- We donated $1000.00 in LakeLife products to the Redlake Shelter in Kenore
- We donated $200.00 to the Redlake Shelter in Kenore.
- We donated $250.00 to the Lake of the Woods District Hospital Foundation in Kenora.
- We donated $200.00 to It's A Dogs Life Fostering Network.
- We donated $250.00 to The Lake of the Woods Museum.
- We donated $100.00 to Kenora's Alzheimer Society of Kenora/Rainy River Districts.
- Donated $1000.00 to the Women's Shelter Saakaate House in Kenora.
- We donated 11 winter scarves to the Women's Shelter Saakaate House in Kenora.
- We donated over $1000.00 of LakeLife products to the RLWYC Auction.
- We donated 50 articles of clothing, books, make-up and soccer balls to the kids of Nicaragua.
- We donated 25 colouring books and markers to kids in Mexico.
Stand Up Speak Up Podcast:
Sharing Stories - Our podcast, Stand Up Speak Up investigates the stories of people and events that might otherwise be swept under the rug.
- The Breakfast Club
- Street Youth
- Wheel of Misfortune
- Scars Healed Through Art
- Written on Skin
- The Reasons
- Modern Day Wonderland
- The Predator
- Sheep's Clothing
- Playing Possum
- Modern Day Slavery
- Not For Sale
- Indigenous Women
- Braver Than Bullies Designs:
- No Bull
- The Bullying Contagion
- Beyond Addiction Designs:
- The Mirror
- Addiction Unmasked
- Addicted to Tech
- Gamer Addiction
- Know Your Limit
- Naughty Girl
- Bite Me
- Bloom from Within
- Make Me Up
- Hope for the Homeless Designs:
- Couch Surfing
- The Face of Homelessness
- Spread Positivity Designs:
- Pet Therapy
- Grab Control
- Deeply Rooted
- Choose Happiness
- 100 Roads to Happiness
- Speak Up
- Love Motif
- Taking Flight
- Child Like Wonder
- It's A Mad, Mad World
- Hang In There
- Ego Monster
- Self Harm
- Sad to Happy Journey
- The Carousel of Life
- Dark Angel
- Internal Struggle
- My Inner Ghouls
- Portrait of a Psyche
- Blue Heat
- Fire and Ice
- We are all Foreigners
- You Keep it on the Inside
- Life is Easy
- Pure Happiness
- Zero Discrimination Designs:
- Rebel With A Cause
- Love Butterfly
- I Love Who I Am
- Let it Fly
- Fancy Girl
- Peek-A-Boo Police
- Brewing Hate
- H8 Free Zone
Stand Up Speak Up YouTube Channel:
Adding Visibility - Videos are a great medium these days for sharing a message with people throughout the world. Ours aim to help individuals and groups to raise their voice to a number of causes.
Helping You Engage - Our Quizzes go deep to help you discover more about yourself and how you can contribute to causes throughout the world.